Senior Gameplay Animator
11 days agoIO Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Senior Gameplay Animator to join our Project 007, a brand new James Bond video game to be developed and published by IOI.
Featuring a wholly original Bond story, players will step into the shoes of the world's favourite Secret Agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin story.
As a Senior Gameplay Animato at IO Interactive you are a central part of making the game come to life – through collaboration and iteration with designers, artists and programmers. This means that you are involved in all aspects of the game production; from initial design of character movement and technical constraints to close collaboration with other disciplines in planning and creating the final animation. You aspire to challenge the status quo and bring an energetic and creative mindset to the table. You have an eye for detail and set the quality bar high – which comes into play when overseeing the potential outsourced animations to ensure alignment in style and quality with our benchmarks inhouse, as well as you're the expereinced senior who can guide our talented juniors in the right direction. Ideally you're a combat oriented animator, with experience in 3C's and a passion for smooth and tactile gameplay.
What you will do
Who you are
- Collaborating with the animation team, lead animator, designers, artists and programmers to execute on the vision of the game
- Animating 3D characters, including working with motion capture data and hand key-framed animations
- Creating gameplay animations
- Communicating with external partners to define animation deliverables
- Planning for and taking part in motion capture sessions
- Acting as mentor for junior animators
- Delivering content on schedule and within technical limitations
- Working with programmers and designers to ensure animations properly fitting technical and game design requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively within technical setup of animations in our proprietary engine Glacier 2
- Implementing constructive and iterative feedback to the animations at any given time of the development process
We would love it if you had
- 6+ years’ experience creating gameplay animation for AAA games with at least one shipped title
- Good general technical knowledge of gameplay processes and pipelines
- Solid understanding of gameplay animations systems
- Prototyping experience for new features, all in-engine
- In-depth knowledge of human and animal anatomy, body language and emotions
- Experience nailing the timing and appearance of human movement and facial expressions
- Working experience of animating in Motion Builder and Maya
- Understanding of rigging and skinning principles
- Experience with motion capture or working with motion capture data.
Who we are:
- Knowledge of creating facial/lip sync animations
- Experience with motion matching and modern industry animation technologies
- Experience with combat system animations
- Knowledge of art and animation fundamentals including staging, camera, layout, storytelling, and editing
IO Interactive is highly international, with 31 nationalities, and independent studios both in progressive Copenhagen and the cozy city of Malmö. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in our Malmö studio. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation.
Please include a portfolio/updated and relevant demo reel with your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any questions, drop an email to Sandra at email@example.com
We are looking forward to your application!