This job might no longer be available.
Senior Gameplay Animator - Unnanounced AAA project
Barcelona CT es
8 days ago
Ubisoft Barcelona is looking for a Senior Gameplay Animator to join the team involved on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and continue their mission to deliver exciting and challenging features and content on an unannounced AAA title.
You will be working alongside the animation team to create believable high-quality character animations. You will be working closely under the guidance of the Lead Animator to achieve a consistent level of quality.
- Create high quality character, creature and environmental animations.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems throughout production
- Work with the Lead Animator and collaborate with other disciplines to ensure the animations works as intended in the game.
- Provide feedback on performance, mentoring and training the Animators to achieve the best of their ability.
· Work closely with the Combat Design Team during the prototype process, assisting both with combat and character navigation development.
- Interact with the other departments to know the game engine possibilities in order to get the best animations possible while respecting the technical restraints.
· Collaborate with the Lead Animator, Game Design Director, and the Combat Design Team to achieve the best balance between animation fidelity and gameplay responsiveness.
- Collaborate closely with programmers and scripters to create or improve existing gameplay animation systems.
- Ensure quality and consistency of gameplay animation by providing regular feedback to junior and intermediate profiles.
- Work with both keyframe and motion capture data.
· Focus on realizing the character personality, choreography, and timing of each move with the Lead Animator and Combat Design Team.
- Verify the quality of the animations integrated into the game by playing regularly
- 5+ years of gameplay animation experience with keyframe and motion capture data.
- Shipped at least one AAA title for console/PC as a Senior Animator.
- Strong combat animation skills.
- Great skill in animating the human figure to create realistic character animations.
- Experience with blend trees and state machines.
- Good knowledge of Autodesk Motionbuilder preferred, knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya and similar software packages.
- Proficiency in realistic key frame animation.
- Experience working with motion capture data.
- Ability to quickly prototype and iterate in collaboration with other departments.
- Ability to work flexibly, accept and give feedback and adapt to changes.
- Able to collaborate well with the other members of the animation team and other team members.
- Autonomous, organization skills and proactive attitude.
- Fluent in English is a must.
Few words about Ubisoft Barcelona studio:
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
List of benefits:
- Monthly Restaurant tickets
- Preferential price for medical insurance
- Sports / activities deal
- Access to transport tax deductions
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC)
- Discount for Ubisoft console games
- Fresh fruits / drinks
- Friday Morning Breakfast
- Friday afternoon free
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events
- Assistance for opening Bank account
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax)
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's The Division 2.