Senior Gameplay Animator | Halo Infinite
Burnaby, British Columbia
3 months ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , or unleash your creativity on original IP. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. We are a co-developer on Halo Infinite , work on projects in the Minecraft universe, and also make original cinematic platformer, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 140 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a Senior Gameplay Animator to help create high quality character and creature animations on Halo Infinite. This individual will collaborate with a team of Animators, to work on a diverse portfolio of keyframe animations.
- Creation of high quality realistic animations sets involving human, creatures, vehicles, and weapons.
- Involvement with construction of animation trees and state graphs.
- Collaborate closely with designers, character artists and programmers in the implementation of game character’s behavior, look and feel.
- Participate in planning and various meetings with internal and external stake holders.
- 5+ years of professional animation experience with at least one AAA game shipped.
- Good understanding of weight, timing and feel for gameplay constructed from human key frame animations and motion capture data manipulation.
- Knowledgeable in implementing/modifying game animation systems and state graphs.
- Have strong communication skills and be organized with the ability to self-manage while being flexible for edits and revisions of animation assets.
- High experience with the animation pipeline process and creative gameplay workflows.
All applicants, please add a link to your animation reel
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 140+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.