Senior Gameplay Animation Programmer
6 days ago
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Animation Programmer to join our team and work on an unannounced new project. He/She will be working with our gameplay and animation teams to integrate the animations into our game and build the bridge between our animation technology and our gameplay requirements. He/She will be responsible for implementing technology required by our gameplay teams to play and run animations with high quality in our game, including the dynamic look and feel of our characters, natural character movement reactions to controllers input, implementing the character movements over network and maintaining and improving our current animation systems as well as optimizing animations for all platforms.
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Minimum 6 years of software engineering experience
- At least one shipped AAA title developed and delivered from start to finish
- Knowledge in software design patterns and the ability to design maintainable, extendable and well optimized code
- Good math skills, specifically linear algebra
- Experienced in implementing gameplay related animation requirements
- Strong communication skills and team focus
- Experienced in working with graph based animation systems like Unreal animation system, Unity mecanim, Havok animation and similar technologies
- Being able to mentor less experienced developers in case of need
- Good understanding of character movement systems and their implementation within multiplayer games
- Working knowledge in file versioning systems like Perforce, Git or similar software
- Working knowledge in software management systems like JIRA or similar software
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.