Senior GameAI Software Engineer - C++
Los Angeles California United States
17 days ago
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
- Take features from start to finish, working on any related parts necessary and work with design, animation and engineering teams.
- Report to the engineering lead.
- Architect code to make AI that seems smart, and is fun to kill or otherwise work with.
- Maintain knowledge of AI systems to support designers, animators, and other engineers.
- Write code in C/C++ and other appropriate languages.
- Work on non-AI tasks when needed.
- Maintain, and extend a code base and write new code from scratch.
- Experience with code/data and multithreading optimizations.
- 5+ years experience
- Excellent 3D Math skills.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Fluency in C/C++.
- You enjoy making lifelike NPC's.
Other qualities we look for…
- Ability and desire to contribute to and improve all aspects of a game.
- Computer science, mathematics, physics or related degree.
- Strong game design experience.
- Desire to work on a title that takes place in a galaxy far far away.
- Willing to combat the evils of the empire.
- Passion for games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.