Senior Game Security Data Scientist
9 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join our growing Analytics practice and help build Rockstar’s business intelligence capacity. Successful candidates will work with analytics and Game Security leadership to assure that the most relevant possible real-time and historical data is identified, tracked, analyzed, and made actionable across all of our titles. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of downtown Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provides insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- The Game Security Data Scientist is part of the Live Ops vertical which is heavily focused on prevention and detection of issues, game health, and player satisfaction.
- Projects and tasks have direct influence on the player experience.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses and machine learning applications.
- Protect the player experience by participating in investigations, establishing recommendations around the best course of action and developing automated solutions to prevent similar situations.
- Search for and monitor player profiles that are of direct interest to the Security team.
- Leverage existing tools and develop new tools to detect anomalies.
- Design, develop and deliver machine learning enabled solutions to address critical business questions.
- Conduct proactive in-depth analysis and predictive modeling to uncover hidden opportunities.
- Identify key metrics and KPIs that have a high impact on the Security team’s operations.
- Identify, help design, and help collect data with direct impact on the team’s operations and business goals.
- Partner with data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and stakeholders to better understand requirements, finding bottlenecks, resolutions.
- Collaborates with the Analytics Tech lead to establish best practices for repeated application.
- Help mentor and develop the skillsets of the junior team members within your team or department.
- Work within a team of data analysts and engineers.
- 7+ years in data science or similar role in the forensics, technology, or marketing fields required.
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning/ statistical languages and systems such as Python, Matlab, R.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning techniques such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Data Mining, Clustering, and Classification.
- Experience in pushing models to production and iterating on models in production.
- Proficiency in statistics such as distributions, predictive modeling, data validation, statistical testing, regression.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, with a strong quantitative background.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong team spirit.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- 4+ years using SQL (or a SQL-like language) required, other programming experience highly preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop and pySpark an asset.
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, PHD), an asset.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.