About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2020, OWI has nearly 80 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Senior Game Programmer for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
- Being one of the primary contributors in a multiplayer PC game.
- Designing, prototyping, implementing and refining core game systems.
- Analyzing and improving game performance.
- Adapting to unfamiliar areas of code or concepts when investigating a problem.
- Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in development, to be a positive contributor to improvement and integration of new code.
- Coordinating with the testing team to work on fixes for bugs.
- Working with members of other departments on cross-department features [e.g., sound, animation, VFX].
- Integrating third-party SDKs and Unreal Engine updates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years full time experience working as a software engineer; preferably within the games industry.
- At least one shipped game title; preferably using Unreal Engine.
- Excellent understanding of C++.
- Experience with game engines.
- Familiarity with command line tools and operations.
- English is required.
This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will be working from home.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- 6 weeks vacation including a paid annual week-long company trip
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter , a copy of your resume and a copy of your technical portfolio .
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.