Senior Game Programmer - Gameplay / AI
11 months ago
As a senior gameplay / AI programmer at Embark, you will be working on an unannounced co-operative action game, alongside some of the most talented people in the games industry.
One of our ambitions is to push the boundaries of traditional gameplay and AI so we cultivate an open minded and creative environment by encouraging experimentation and quick iteration.
We consider automated testing where applicable to always keep our builds playable, tech dept in check and getting more time to focus on game making.
This game is being built in Unreal, using C++, a scripting language called Angelscript and some blueprints.
Example of responsibilities
- Research and apply machine learning were beneficial to AI decision making
- Design and develop low level AI systems aligned with tech roadmap
- Design and develop AI systems together with design
- Prototype, experiment and build AI behaviors
We would love if you have
- A creative and curious mind
- A strong background in C++
- An ambition in pushing the boundaries of "next gen"
- A good grasp of what good gameplay looks and feels like
- A fluent English - our team comes from all over the world
- An interest in computer science and programming as a craft
Additionally one or some of these would be a great bonus
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with AI in general
- Ability to speak "design"
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.