Senior Game Programmer - Casual Mobile Games
16 days ago
Job Title - Senior Game Programmer - Casual Mobile Games
Reports Into - Lead Programmer
Location - Hybrid / Bangalore
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a Senior Game Programmer you’ll be coding and developing hit mobile games as part of an experienced and successful team.
Your Team Mates
Our game programming team are the people that bring life to all our games. They're quick with prototyping, and are driven by their curiosity for coding game mechanics and features. From a technical standpoint, they’re similarly creative to their fellow designers and artists.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Designing and writing high quality and reliable code for our games.
- Using C# and Unity as the main technologies in your day to day work.
- Solving any challenges that might appear on the way.
Your Hard Skills
- At least 5 years of experience in game development with C#.
- Experience with Unity.
- At least one of the following: console / Android / iOS / Amazon experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An avid interest in either console or mobile games, preferably both.
- Ability to derive tasks from a design document.
- Attention to detail.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Experience with source control such as SVN, Git or Perforce
- 3D and 2D gameplay experience.
- Understanding and appropriate use of design patterns.
- Rapid prototyping experience would be a plus.
- Graphics experience would be a plus.
- Android build pipeline experience would be a plus.
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs would be a plus.
- RESTful experience would be a plus.
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.