Senior Game Product Manager - League of Legends, Thematic Development
13 days ago
As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative products and experiences that seek to deliver maximum player value. We drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line. We meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As Senior Game Product Manager, Thematic Development on League of Legends , you will report into and work with the Initiative Product Lead to drive on the strategy, creative execution, and delivery of new and updated thematic universes for personalization content. You will engage deeply with the community and player data to ensure that the team is delivering resonant content, maintaining a singular focus on providing the best possible player experience. You will work closely with our production squads as customers to ensure the work your team delivers sets them up for success. You will define what success looks like for the team and help inform thematic roadmap strategy for PIE.
- Leads product vision, road mapping, and development throughout the product life cycle, accountable for product health and results - ultimately ensuring we build and iterate on resonant products that support Riot’s strategy and goals
- Accountable for developing vision, product strategy, and success measurements, successfully aligning stakeholders (investors, upstream/downstream dependencies)
- Makes decisions that balance players' needs and the team’s ability to execute
- Evangelizes vision and strategy that guide teams to build highly resonant products and experiences that delight their customers
- Validates product hypotheses, and rigorously investigates customers’ behavior to identify problem areas and confirm opportunities
- Constantly refine their market/customer knowledge and understanding of customer problem spaces through discovery and analysis
- Manage and improve the team’ s maturity, performance, health, and happiness via continuous improvement
- Lead a game development team to brainstorm and deliver new League of Legends skin thematics and world guides
- Manage the team backlog and stakeholder expectations, oversee work in progress, and contribute to business prioritizations and planning
- Facilitate riot-wide meetings to share knowledge, pitch new thematics, generate ideas and improve workflow
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a Product Management or similar role
- Deep, practiced knowledge of product strategy or product development, and have expertise in aligning product roadmaps with desired outcomes
- Demonstrated experience leading efforts with significant initiative- or company-level impacts
- Experience working in Agile production environments, and have managed product backlogs and know your way around a product roadmap
- Experience with League of Legends or other MOBA genre titles, and understand the game genre and associated systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Game Development/Business/Economics/Fashion Design, a related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced degrees in Game Development/Business/Economics/Fashion Design, a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a product development life-cycle that required repeatable, reliable, and high quality content development
- Experience working in a product development life-cycle that required iteration on product strategy based on building hypotheses, reviewing results, and balancing creative influences and opinions against those results
- Experience building and growing a culture of inclusivity for diverse groups of developers
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.