Senior Game Producer, Features
9 days ago
Job Title:Senior Game Producer, Features
Are you passionate about creating exceptional games that captivate players? Do you have a deep understanding of game development and a desire to lead teams towards success? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you on the Overwatch Team at Blizzard Entertainment! As the guardian and hero of our beloved game, you will play a crucial role in driving production excellence and ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality experiences for our players.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Game Producer to join our team, specializing in the development of features and systems that make our game feel rewarding and engaging beyond gameplay: features like our Battle Pass, Challenges, Player Progression and Shop, just to name a few. As part of our production team, you will play a pivotal role in our development process by coordinating with individuals of all disciplines, encouraging effective and open communication across the teams, and directing features from inception to launch and beyond. We are looking for individuals who possess outstanding production skills, excel in organization, possess exceptional communication abilities, thrive in managing schedules for complex projects, and have experience leading a team.
This role is a full time hybrid work position, with some work-from-home and some work on-site at our office in Irvine, California.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary game features and teams with an emphasis on delivering results at the highest quality.
- Collaborate with multiple groups to guide features from concept through release and live support.
- Identify, communicate, and help resolve roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent timely and high-quality delivery.
- Act as an information hub and clear out any communication blockers and misaligned expectations.
- Communicate optimally with leadership teams at all levels on project status, risks, and opportunities.
- Seek out ways to improve process, tooling, and relationships around you.
- Work alongside Production Leadership on overall strategy and its execution.
- Manage and mentor a team of producers (including annual reviews) providing guidance/support to ensure project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a game production role.
- Shipped games or worked with live content pipelines (AAA games preferred).
- Experience in people management; mentorship experience of other producers.
- Ability and comfort coordinating with various development disciplines, to build complex features and content.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, coupled with excellent communication skills when interacting with stakeholders at various levels.
- Ability to drive high-velocity, high-impact development cycles, effectively balancing short-term needs and long-term vision.
- Proven ability to build, track, and maintain schedules.
- Experience with Jira project management tools.
Join us on our journey to create groundbreaking experiences in Overwatch and beyond. Show us your potential, and the right candidate may have opportunities for growth within our organization.
Note: This job description provides a general overview of the role and expectations but is not exhaustive and may be subject to change.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.