Senior Game Producer - Diablo Franchise | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
17 days ago
Job Title:Senior Game Producer - Diablo Franchise | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
The Diablo Franchise is seeking a Senior Producer. In this role, you will become an integral part of the game team by scheduling and coordinating features and ongoing updates for games across the Diablo franchise.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA. However, we understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore other possible options, including remote work arrangements.
Using prior experience in game development and keen knowledge of how each discipline operates and interacts, coordinate multi-disciplinary game features and teams with an emphasis on delivering results at the highest quality. Self-direction and follow-up skills are necessary. Excellent communication and project management skills are critical. Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive sophisticated technical projects with numerous partners across Blizzard
- Drive the completion of project goals and facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across a multi-discipline content team
- Build and track long-range project schedules for game features and assets
- Think and implement strategically on long-term project priorities, dependencies, and conflicts
- Anticipate production issues and remove roadblocks or bottlenecks that may prevent developers from achieving their goals on time
- Communicate frequently with producers as well as with team leadership regarding project status, risks, and opportunities
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with leads on development priorities and resources
- Seek out ways to improve the processes, tooling, and relationships around you, and work with others to deliver on your ideas
- Mentor junior- and mid-level producers
- At least 5 years in a production role.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability and comfort coordinating with various game team departments as well as other departments across Blizzard.
- Motivation to understand complex technical systems and pipelines.
- Passion for games.
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results.
- Bachelor of Art or Science in a technical field (or equivalent).
- Shipped at least one AAA game in a technical production role supporting a live service.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.