Senior Game Operations Producer
3 days ago
Job Posting TitleSenior Game Operations Producer
SummaryYour mission is to coordinate the delivery of mobile, free-to-play games in collaboration with cross-disciplinary, cross-cultural teams from inception to release and beyond. Our Senior Producers work closely with our 3rd party development partners as their primary point-of-contact, manage project schedules, and marshal Big Fish resources to support game development, testing, release, as well as live game operations. The Senior Game Operations Producer is a master communicator and organizer, using “game as a service” experience along with technical knowledge to ensure all aspects of release, from inception to delivery are aligned across the team with a consistent and cohesive approach to game service health, a predictable content cadence, and delight for our player community.
- Deliver a world-class live game experience in collaboration with our 3rd party development partners and our internal team.
- Drive planning and execution across the live service, in-game events, testing, game issues, and new releases in partnership with a large cross-functional team.
- Collaborate with the team, our development partners, cross-company teams, and studio leadership to coordinate release requirements, scope, schedule, and research from concept through launch of new features and content to support the live game.
- Assess costs and benefits, identify and mitigate risks; manage escalations; anticipate and make tradeoffs; and balance business needs with technical constraints to ensure the game service is in a healthy state.
- Leverage your deep production/project management expertise to facilitate the meetings and collaboration needed to create and coordinate release plans, define timing of releases and alignment to milestones, identify and mitigate risks, and guide the team and project through planning, development, and release as well as improving processes along the way.
- Collaborate across the company to define and implement best practices, standardized processes, to share learnings and mentor project producers to grow their skills in these areas.
- You have deep experience with the mobile game release process with all the pieces needed to ensure a successful game update and what it takes to coordinate that effort across a wide variety of subject matter experts.
- You are a strong facilitator, communicator (verbally and in writing), organizer, and project manager; you know how to manage up, down, sideways, etc., connecting all disciplines to express what is needed, why, and the plan to get.
- Your hands-on experience with tools, services, release processes, and knowledge of their impact on development aids you as you build and execute realistic plans.
- With knowledge of game industry standards, tools, project management, production processes, and awareness of what it takes to bring out the best in each team member, your consistent collaboration and communication motivate all toward a unified outcome.
- You have a track record of and passion for building an environment that promotes team success by emphasizing third-party development, production, and publishing processes using your understanding of multiple project methodologies.
- You have working knowledge of modern program management and tools (e.g. Confluence/Jira; Google Drive products; Smartsheet; MS Office).
- You have 4-years of Project/Program Management experience and 2-3-years of leadership experience.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Project Management or equivalent experience.
- You are familiar with managing and mitigating risk through the software development lifecycle and live service operations.
- You have experience with SCRUM/Agile development methodologies.
- You have product management skills with AB testing, live ops, data analysis.
- You have exposure to or experience with Outsourcing and/or partner development.
Big Fish Games is an equal-opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
LocationRemote - Washington
Job familyBig Fish Games
Time TypeFull time
CompanyBig Fish Games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.