Senior Game Economy Manager
6 days ago
Product Madness is one of the world's largest mobile game studios, with a global presence. Founded in 2007, we’re today a top-grossing leader in social casino mobile games that are crafted with passion and commitment. Our ambition is to entertain millions of players around the world with our remarkable titles that include Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino, Lighting Link and FaFaFa™ Gold.
We are Mad about games and the way they bring people together, and that passion and culture is what holds us together as a studio, connects us with the partners we collaborate with, and is what links us to our sister studios across the world.
Job Posting TitleSenior Game Economy Manager
SummaryAre you interested in how real world economic theory can be applied in the world of gaming? This is an opportunity for you to design, analyze and manage the economy for top grossing apps and to be a key player in establishing a game economy department within Product Madness.
As a Senior Game Economy Manager you will be essential to the success of our games. You will work closely with our product teams to design and balance the economy of our games and to provide the product team with actionable insights. In parallel to this you will also be working in the Game Economy team, helping to build the craft of game economy in the company; supporting long term strategy, help build and evaluate top class tooling to continuously improve our ways of working and ensure we support new games currently in production.
What You'll Do
- To support the product team with a holistic understanding of the game economy to generate growth and a positive player experience. This will include defining the pricing of all purchasable items and collectibles.
- To build and run simulations and predictive models to forecast the results of changes and balancing of content, for optimal player experience.
- To explore micro segmentation of the players based on behavior and motivation theory and to recommend new and useful segments to use for our game operations and feature design.
- To increase the level of insights in game economy within the product team. This by building dashboards, having presentations and workshops as well as supporting the product managers and head of games with process optimization.
- To drive game economy best practices and knowledge sharing throughout the company, working with other Game Economy Managers to build this knowledge capital.
To do this successfully we believe you are:
- Passionate about quantitative analysis and will have the ability to generate actionable business insights for the product teams and Product Madness as a whole.
- Able to deconstruct other game economies and reason around what’s good or bad.
- Able to understand the elasticities of demand. Creating a balanced economy that satisfies players and drives growth.
- Used to be working collaboratively with Product and Data Science teams, connecting product and research.
- Interested in understanding the micro and macro economic aspects of games and more specifically free-to-play games.
What We're Looking For
Good understanding of behavioral economics and motivational theories
- Strong understanding of Numerical Simulation methods and their applications (Monte Carlo, Metropolis-Hastings and so on).
- Good understanding of more advanced statistical techniques suitable for analysis of highly skewed populations.
- Experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas; experience in experimental design.
- Experience with analytical coding: Using tools such as Python, R, Matlab (and sometimes Excel) for analytical purposes.
- A good working knowledge of SQL.
- Bachelor Degree in a quantitative field
- Experience in working in the field of economics (outside gaming)
- Experience from managing games economy on top grossing F2P or social casino titles
- Managed teams of analysts.
- Knowledge about the mobile games industry or similarly sophisticated customer-facing digital businesses.
- Skills with standard reporting tools such as Looker/QlikView/Tableau/etc.
Why Product Madness ?
Product Madness is so much more than just a Pool table and a foosball game.
We believe in an honest and transparent approach with our teammates. Company wide weekly Town Halls, All Hands and strategy meetings are just a few ways in which we encourage an open and honest path to achieving complete transparency.
Despite a pandemic, there isn’t a day where we don’t feel connected to one another.
With frequent events, workshops, giveaways, slack coffee and donut sessions we have definitely brought on our office culture to this new virtual world of zoom calls.
We also try to cater for all our staff’s needs – be that a freshly brewed cappuccino made by our professional barista in our free coffee shop or by providing a bountiful supply of tasty snacks to keep us refueled and buzzing.
We love to organise plenty of social get-togethers and action-packed activity days, be it slipping inside an inflatable bumper ball for a mad session of football zorbing or throwing caution to the wind and traversing giddy treetop rope courses at Go Ape. On top of these team-building activities, our lunch and learn workshops, not to mention the lavish Christmas and summer parties, foster that ‘work hard, play hard’ mantra. Our offices are based in the heart of the metropolises of London and Lviv, surrounded by an abundance of diversity and inspiration to keep those ideas flowing.
People FirstWe have the deepest respect for our people and their well being. We know they are exceptionally talented and will always have a choice. We want them to re-choose us every day. We are committed to building a culture where each person's voice will always be heard and addressed.
MAD for MoreAlways improving, innovating and never settling for the existing. We push all boundaries with courage and ambition to become the world’s best games company.
Globally InclusiveWe are all Equal - regardless of the language we speak, where we live, our gender, religion or culture we come from. We want to build a global home, where everyone has the equal opportunity to make an impact.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Customer FocusedWe always think from the customer's perspective - be it players or internal customers.Improving their experience and joy is what drives us. Every client's success is our big win!