Senior Game Economy Designer Mobile Games
9 days ago
is a mobile games publisher that works with mobile developers to get their games discovered by players around the world. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lion Studios’ creative and strategy teams utilize their expertise to help game developers break through the noise and grow their businesses. Since launching in 2018, Lion Studios has driven 90% of its games to the Top 10 in the App Store and Google Play and helped drive 16 games to #1 in the US App Store’s Top Free chart. Many of the studio’s games hit the top 10 and the top 20 across both the App Store and Google Play. Collectively, the studio has driven hundreds of millions of downloads. Check out some of our hit releases: Mr. Bullet, Happy Glass, Save the Girl, and Slap Kings.
AppLovin was named one of the Hottest Adtech Companies of 2021 by Business Insider, as well as a Certified Great Place to Work in 2021 and 2022. Fortune recognized AppLovin as one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2022, alongside The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal who have also awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work for the past four years. Our team members are regularly recognized for their work and leadership, including recent award wins for San Francisco Business Times’ Outstanding LGBTQ+ Leaders 2022, Business Insider’s Rising Stars of Adtech 2022, Glassdoor’s Top CEOs 2019, and the Women in Content Marketing Awards 2021.
Lion Studios is looking for a Game Economy Designer to design and build the internal economy and reward structures of our mobile games. Candidates should have a firm understanding of behavioral economics and a background working with virtual economies. Mobile Games experience is required.
The Game Economy Designer will lead the design of in-game economic systems from the ground up in order to optimize monetization. For games in testing and production, they will identify, triage, and rectify any issues within game economies. They will work collaboratively with product managers, game designers, data analysts, and other groups to ensure that our in-game economies are healthy and conducive to player spending.
- Work across multiple game projects to optimize in-game economies
- Consult, analyze, and make improvements on game economies during the production process
- Collaborate with designers on building new economic systems from the ground up
- Improve analytics processes alongside our Data Science team, helping build tools and models for analyzing user behavior
- Research trends and successful monetization strategies in the evolving mobile market
- Share your specialized knowledge with other team members
- BS/MS in Economics, Game Design or Game Development with 4+ years of experience working with virtual game economies, behavioral economics and player incentives
- One or more successful launched products that demonstrate your expertise in Mobile Games
- Ability to communicate complex ideas across internal and external teams
- Expert with spreadsheets and large data sets
- Mobile Games experience required
- This role is in Berlin. Relocation to Berlin required
- Game Economy Mobile Games experience
- Background with game analytics data
- Other game development / design skills including UI, design documentation, retention mechanics, etc.
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.