Senior Game Designer (new product)
Minsk, City of Minsk, Belarus
4 months ago
The Wargaming Mobile Minsk Studio Team, which develops and operates World of Tanks Blitz, is seeking a Senior Game Designer to shape the direction of new products and bring them to life.
In this role, you will take charge of hands-on design of core gameplay systems and concepts of the product, as well as mentoring, training, and knowledge sharing with our designers to deliver best-in-class mobile games that our audience will love.
What will you do?
- Be the “how-to” voice for the studio of how best to execute the core concepts of the new product design in a way that fits the studio’s capabilities and talents, including hands-on designing of some key features and systems yourself
- Evaluate, assign, and oversee tasks to be performed by your team to ensure the studio produces timely, high-quality work and proactively addresses potential delivery risks
- Provide constructive, timely, and effective feedback to your team to help them grow their abilities as designers
- Mentor, train, and develop your team in how to design amazing features and experiences for live service games, working with engines like Unreal or Unity
- Collaborate specifically with artistic groups in order to ensure the proper balance between design and artistic goals, especially in areas like level design
- Work closely with the engineering team to spec and build design tools to enable the content creators to iterate quickly
- Work collaboratively with the game’s leadership team to deliver thrilling, high-quality product
What are we looking for?
- 5 years’ industry experience in design roles, including at least one product shipped in a senior designer role
- Game design credits on at least one live service/game-as-a-service title in the midcore/hardcore action game sphere
- Game design credits on at least one high-quality mobile title in the midcore/hardcore action game sphere
- Ability to work with existing game engines like Unreal or Unity highly preferred
- Demonstrable examples of, and a passion for, hands-on experience with scripting, rapid prototyping, and building great gameplay
- Proven creative and analytical skills with the ability to write detailed design documentation and update and adapt that design based on playtests, user feedback, and development opportunities
- The ability to persuasively and clearly communicate a product vision and be its inspirational champion
- The ability to mentor and train less experienced designers and inspire them to create great gameplay features and well-thought systems
- Flexibility and adaptability
- A true team player
- A tireless, progressive, critical thinker who can develop solutions to overcome the obstacles and challenges that new game development provides
What additional skills will help you stand out?
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4000+ employees and offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!