Senior Game Designer (f/m/d)
7 days ago
As Senior Game Designer you will be owning and advancing the design as a part of various feature teams. You will be working closely with the Lead Game Designer and feature team to build compelling player experiences. The major focus areas of this position are an analytical mindset, embracing an iterative and hands-on approach to implementation and balancing, creativity, communication, and problem solving.
What you will do:
- Design features aligned with the creative and game directions (e.g. gameplay rules, progression systems, combat systems, weapon attributes, artificial intelligence behaviours, 3Cs, etc.)
- Consistently monitor the quality of the game design and actively participate in the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines
- Oversee gameplay features from concept to final implementation (pitch, design, prototype and finalize game features ranging from systems, to AI behavior, to individual mechanics)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the implementation of systems into actual gameplay maintaining the overall balance between multiple gameplay systems
- Develop in-engine prototypes and evaluate their performance
- Create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines
- Follow up on features post-launch to improve, add, or remove components
- Participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features
What you bring:
- Experience on a shipped AAA title
- Proven experience in the field of game design (from AI, to systems, or specific mechanics, 3Cs, etc.)
- Comfortable with both the conceptual and practical aspect of game design
- Deep knowledge of gameplay mechanics and player motivation
- Understanding of player data analysis
- Comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on fast iterations and polish
- Strong motivation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Please provide a portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects - be sure to check the link is working when applying (only for art roles etc.)
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://berlin.ubisoft.com/en/.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Berlin is home to nearly 150 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.