Senior Game Designer (Strategy)
4 months ago
Wargaming are seeking a talented Senior Game Designer focused on Strategy games who will contribute to designing game features, gameplay, and user interfaces for a new unannounced Multi-platform product in development.
The ideal candidate should for a clear and cohesive vision for user experiences, and work with engineers, artists, producers, and other designers to make that a reality. If you’re self-motivated, collaborative, and have a positive, solution-oriented attitude, and you easily share this expertise with a team, read on.
The Senior Game Designer will report to the Head of Game Design
What will you do?
- Create and rapidly iterate content and features for unreleased titles in development
- Create wireframes, feature descriptions, presentations and UI layouts using appropriate tools
- Collaborate with other Game Designers, Project Managers and other members of a cross-functional team
- Be a constant student of evolving game dynamics, emerging player behavior and trends, and champion these insights to improve effectiveness of design efforts
- Solve difficult game design problems that are worth solving; combine Combat Gameplay, Thematic Elements, Monetization, and Social Mechanics into a holistic experience
What are we looking for?
- 5+ Years of Game Design Experience in multi-platform and ideally free-to-play (F2P) games
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to organize game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support
- Must be proficient in Excel, and able to provide visual designs with mock-ups in an art program of your choice (i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketchup, etc.)
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize game systems and mechanics to improve game features and systems
- Ability to devise scalable, futureproof designs which can adapt efficiently to evolving expectations and the needs of a live game
- Clear understanding of current multi-platform game trends
- Ability to quickly analyse any top game's strengths and weaknesses
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience building game systems for MMOs, RTSs, and/or grand strategy games
- Experience in designing mid-core (or hardcore) multi-platform games
- Experience with multi-platform UX/UI design practices
- Experience working with the Unity game engine
- Experience in a programming / scripting language
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for multi-platform game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!