Senior Game Designer
7 days ago
Looking for new career opportunities? Unity is hiring!
We are Accelerate Solutions, an innovative team building custom software for a wide range of clients! Our professional services team works across multiple channels building digital twin and metaverse solutions that incorporate ground breaking technologies like XR, robotics, machine learning and IoT.We work on a diverse range of business verticals including games, automotive, transportation, retail, manufacturing and entertainment.
As Senior Game Designer you’ll combine your understanding of video games, interactive entertainment, and player behavior to craft compelling user experiences. You will join an experienced team responsible for designing, developing, and delivering on ongoing 3D virtual world video game projects.
What you’ll be doing
- Employ game design theory along with design thinking to create sophisticated systems and technology into intuitive, efficient and joyful product experiences
- Creation of all facets of game design including: design briefs, feature specifications, user flows, design presentations, and prototypes
- Keep a Product Owner mentality, ensuring designs meet the player’s needs and the business objectives
- Apply your creativity to craft new features and acquire valuable findings
- Produce and update game documentation, requirements, and specifications that are concise, clear, and contain a high level of detail
What we’re looking for
- Several years experience working as a video game designer
- Experience designing games that have been released on platforms such as Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, iOS, Android or others
- Ability to communicate effectively within a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative team environment
- Excellent collaborator with strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
- Awareness of current trends in games
You might also have
- A diploma or degree from a recognized Video Game College or University Video Game Design program
- Experience teaching video game design
- Experience building non game applications that employ game mechanics/loops
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.