Senior Game Designer
13 days ago
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is seeking a highly motivated Senior Game Designer who will join an in-studio team in the creation and support of a midcore mobile strategy free-to-play game, currently in development. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and/or validating design documents, game balance, core systems and features, prototypes, UI flows, and strategic and meta gameplay
- Integrating assets, providing detailed (and proactive) feedback, and taking a hands-on approach to testing, balance, and gameplay
- Reviewing and balancing implemented features and systems for quality and adherence to the design and business goals of the project
- Working with technical, art, audio, and production leads to realize the game design vision in a timely manner and within the constraints of its schedule
- Collaborating with the Creative Manager and designers to iterate and evolve project features, gameplay, and balance on a consistent basis
- Interacting with the game’s community on its forums and in-game after launch in order to understand their needs and return their passion and support in kind
- Enhancing studio knowledge of mobile F2P development methodologies and best practices
- Motivating and inspiring others to generate new ideas/approaches
- Keeping up-to-date with current and emerging trends in the mobile marketplace
- Exhaustive knowledge of mobile and F2P design fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with creating mobile games in the Unity engine
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership with strong personal initiative
- Positive attitude and drive to work in a challenging, highly collaborative team environment
- Passion for playing and making games
- 5+ years design experience preferably on midcore mobile game
Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is a multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and a 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers a vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, a vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Abu Dhabi has also ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.