Senior Game Designer
9 days ago
Tripwire Interactive is looking for talented, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team. We started out in 2005 as a independent video game developer and publisher, known for first-person shooters like Red Orchestra , the wildly popular Killing Floor series, and more recently, the action RPG Maneater . In 2022 Tripwire was acquired and became a part of the Embracer Group through its wholly owned subsidiary Saber Interactive. Over the years Tripwire has solidified its place as one of the games industry’s leading independent developers and maintains the ability to work on our own timetables to craft games with a singular voice that reflects our own unique vision. We’re located in Roswell, GA, a historic suburb of Atlanta, where living is affordable and proximity to the city provides for plenty of opportunities. We believe in a collaborative work environment where team members are encouraged to take risks and push the boundaries of our medium. If that sounds like something you could get into, we'd love to hear from you!
Without a doubt, our office is an awesome place to work, but at Tripwire we recognize that the true “office” exists both inside and outside of our state-of-the-art facility. With our brand new “Next-Gen” Remote Work policy, we are able to remain fully productive regardless of what the world throws at us by allowing all employees to choose whether they’d like to work in-office, at home, or a bit of both. This program has been designed to give all Tripwire employees the tools to help them deliver their best work. For more information on Tripwire’s Next-Gen Remote Work Policy click here.
- Work closely with and take direction from the Design Director or Design Leads to take gameplay ideas from concept to completion.
- Use Blueprint to create gameplay prototypes and prove out ideas quickly.
- Work closely with other designers, engineers, animators and Audio/FX to design and implement game content and features.
- Tackle designing and owning some of the most challenging features, mechanics or content the game requires.
- Ensure game features, mechanics and content are embracing and embodying the game’s creative vision.
- Provide mentorship and training to less experienced designers on the team.
- Collaborate effectively with other departments as needed.
- Excellent verbal communication skills along with the ability to create well written and formatted game design documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A positive, self-driven attitude.
- A passion for game design and creating games with fun, polished and ground-breaking game mechanics.
- Working knowledge and experience with UE4/UE5 and Blueprint.
- Ability to think logically and break down gameplay ideas and concepts into implementable mechanics.
- Experience as a game designer or senior game designer on at least least 2 shipped titles.
Preference to applicants with:
- At least 5 years of experience in the game industry working as a game designer, combat game designer or senior game designer.
- Experience working on more than 2 AAA titles as a game designer or senior game designer.
- Experience working on enemy design and knowledge and experience working with behavior trees using UE4/UE5.
- Experience working with the UE4/UE5 gameplay abilities and effects system.
- Experience working on AAA first person shooter titles.
- Experience working on AAA open world titles.
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 30 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days
$80,000 to $110,000 for the base. Negotiable depending on experience.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.