This job might no longer be available.
Senior Game Designer
Guildford England United Kingdom
3 months ago
We are looking for a Senior Game Designers to join the team at Supermassive, to help craft our latest games.
This role is part of a team responsible for creating compelling moment to moment gameplay, including developing gameplay motifs, exploiting player mechanics, exploring scripted and AI character systems, level design and the creation of world manipulation puzzles. All with excellent pacing and challenge using propriety tools, logic controls and animation data.
You will need to be expert with the Unreal Engine and have strong ability with scripting languages and visual programming tools.
The position is in-house at Supermassive Games in Guildford.
- Developing levels, game systems, controls and interfaces in order to bring the vision of the Lead Designer and Creative Director to life.
- Create compelling moment to moment exploration and action gameplay, puzzles and level layouts.
- Develop compelling gameplay motifs that scale and evolve in complexity and challenge across the game.
- Block out game play in white-box levels and then develop that to final quality in collaboration with designers, programmers and artists.
- Create and translate prototypes into motifs and game ready logic and iterate with a team of designers to bring them to quality.
Essential skills and experience
- Expertise with Unreal and experience in the various Unreal tools, including blueprints and tools for level building and other scripting languages
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to game making, showing how you mentor and collaborate with others creatively
- Take direction and feedback on board and synthesize the best possible gameplay solutions
- Work together with the other disciplines and senior team members to realize the best possible game play experience
- The ability to balance and adjust gameplay content based on feedback
- A logical approach and solid problem-solving skills
- A solid understanding of gameplay, flow, and challenge/difficulty tuning
- Quick to adapt to proprietary software, workflows, pipelines and tools
Desirable skills and experience
- A portfolio of gameplay and level design work that speaks to our key requirements
- Hands on design experience in a team, working on a published game at a senior level
- A passion for making games driven by gameplay and stories
- Experience with puzzle design and action gameplay
- The desire and knowledge to push for quality in collaboration with your team
You also need to be:
- An excellent communicator with a proactive approach when seeking answers
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Self-motivated team player
- Proficient at technical problem solving