Feature Team Lead Designer
21 days ago
It’s a really exciting time to be at Space Ape Games. We’ve created a fast-paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy and we have projects at all stages of the development cycle. We launched our hit music game, Beatstar, in 2021 and we’re following its success with Countrystar less than two years later. We also officially launched our first puzzle game in July, Chrome Valley Customs, and we’re preparing to scale this game to global success. On top of all this, we’re running several mature live games and working on some exciting new projects behind the scenes!
We are looking for a Feature Team Lead Designer to join our pit crew and turbocharge the potential of Chrome Valley Customs. In this position, you'll be working closely with the Game Lead and Lead Game Designer to create delightful and innovative features which make CVC an entertainment destination for our beloved players.
- Own the design process of new features and minigames, from defining goals and creating specs to overseeing live iterations
- Assist in creating the feature roadmap and evolving the design vision of the game
- Relate to our players and understand their behaviour through quantitative and qualitative data
- Keep a constant eye on the market and understand the innovations that could benefit our game and players
- Work closely with the Product team to ensure the sustainability of the game economy
- Support other game designers and mentor them in your areas of expertise
- Maintain the high standard of quality expected by our dedicated players
- Experience designing meaningful player-facing features for casual players - ideally you've shipped multiple features with positive impacts on game KPIs
- Experience in all phases of feature or game development, from concept to release to live ops
- Proven ability to understand your audience and design with them in mind
- Ability to communicate your designs effectively from both high-level and low-level perspectives
- Deep understanding of the business side of free-to-play design and how it interacts with game design
- Expert knowledge of the existing free-to-play market and the other choices available to our players
- A passion for games that personally appeal to players and fit into their lives
- Bonus: A love of cars and the world of car fans
- We expect you'll need at least 7 years in game development with 3 of those in mobile to achieve the degree of experience we'd like
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best places to work, for the last 6 years in a row!
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 5* Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched five games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.