Senior Game Designer
13 days ago
The Senior Game Designer is a key role in our project and requires a highly skilled and experienced designer who can deliver innovative and engaging features and experiences while maintaining a strong focus on player engagement and retention. If you are passionate about designing online games and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Full ownership of the produced function - from conceptual and paper design, through the prototyping phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization - until delivery of the game
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines: game design, production, and engineering teams to ensure that the correct partners are involved and informed throughout the development process and all features are designed and implemented to a high standard, and are consistent with the overall vision and goals of the game
- Creating designs documents, content briefs, system outlines, and other means of sharing all the necessary information with involved teams
- Working with producer to determine tasks and schedules and collaborating on game design documentation
- Proactively identifying workflow issues and offer solutions
- Imagining, envisioning and devising new approaches, concepts, models, designs and processes that can support the fun experience with the game
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the current and evolving market trends, player behaviors, and player needs in the games as a service industry
- Collecting and process of player data and feedback and based on that propose changes to the game mechanics
- Attending playtests and be solution-oriented to the problem encountered
- Writing proposals and final easy to follow docs for all aspects of the game's design
- Remaining current on industry trends, including new game genres, new game design methods and techniques, and trending audio visual excellence, and experiences that promote player engagement and retention.
- At least 5+ years of industry experience and at least 3 years’ experience in a Senior Design role on AAA product
- At least one shipped AAA title on PC or Console, preferable Shooter game featured a multiplayer component
- Experience working with a variety of established game toolsets
- Presentation skills
- Ability to both give and take feedback and criticisms
- Solid theoretical knowledge of game design practices
- An in depth understanding of major elements of game design
- Demonstrable success in creating compelling and fun game play, scenarios and encounters
- Experience in designing multiplayer and/or single player gameplay
- Excellent creativity to generate innovative concepts, mechanics and ideas
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
- Knowledge and passion for RPG genre games.
Nice to have
- At least 7+ years of experience of designing and implementing successful online features and experiences for GaaS online games, specifically PC and consoles.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the games as a service industry, including current trends, best practices, and player behaviors.
- Understanding of modern MTX practices and strategies. Ability to design and implement MTX for a new GaaS product from scratch.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Unreal engine and Figma is preferred but not required.
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating expertise in game design, including examples of successful features and experiences you have designed and implemented.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in game design, computer science, or a related field is preferred but not required.
What we offer (Poland):
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work culture. PCF is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Project Maverick is an unannounced AAA game developed with Microsoft. Game development is done by our European and North American teams