This job might no longer be available.
Senior Game Designer
Seattle WA US
9 months ago
Have you been to the nether and back in Minecraft? Created your own games in Roblox? Adventured and designed campaigns in D&D? Have strong writing chops with a good sense of humor? Used these skills or similar ones in a professional capacity? Highly motivated and self sufficient? If so, we are looking for you to join our growing creative team in the heart of Ballard (Seattle, WA).
We are Mythical Games. A fully funded startup innovating at the intersection of video games and blockchain. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage blockchain technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developer to do the same.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will design content intended both for on-boarding and to keep existing players engaged both through a variety of play and sense of progression. You will write quest lines and dialogue interactions, as well as help set the tone and narrative structure for Blankos Block Party moving forward. You will also use our in-game tools to create basic levels and environments that players can interact with and that can showcase the other content you are creating. In this position, you will help to capture design ideas, and work within a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary and experienced team of game creators as you continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates. This is a highly visible role that will interact with multiple levels of employees and leadership, both internally and externally.
- 5+ years of experience building and delivering games for mobile, console or other new platforms such as VR and AR
- Fluency in best practices for game design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of game experience principles and techniques
- Strong methodology and problem-solving ability, with a focus on creative and fun gameplay
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, QA testers, and other developers
- An available portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to think systemically
- At least 2 published game titles
- Proven experience in a professional game production pipeline
- Experience in designing gameplay for a wide age range of customers/players
- Experience with level design
- Experience with progression systems
- Experience working with free to play games
- Strong narrative writing abilities
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions