Senior Game Designer
1 month ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a sharp and experienced game designer who has a passion for the mobile gaming space. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the top creative talent in the industry, as well as work with amazing developers, artists, and product managers. We are searching for a designer that is passionate about making memorable games that truly stand out in the mobile market. If you’re ready to design the next big mobile game, if you aren’t afraid of innovation, then this role is for you.
- Work directly with engineers, artists, product managers and Studio Directors throughout the development lifecycle of our products to ensure they are of the highest quality.
- Produce and update design specs, balance spreadsheets, and other game documentation in accordance with each project’s goals.
- Work with the design team to review specs, improve the design process, and make game design an overall stronger pillar of the company.
- Serve as a key individual approached for design, balance, and solutions for great gameplay.
- Deconstruct and analyze the mechanics and systems in current mobile titles.
- Be part of strategic planning and design for new games.
- Observe and analyze user testing, and recommend design solutions.
- Recognize and stay current with game design trends, patterns, and consumer preferences.
- Passion for making and playing games and desire to change the face of this awesome industry!
- 5+ years of game design experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of game mechanics -- know what’s out there, what’s working, what isn’t, and how to improve them.
- Ability to identify gameplay and balancing issues and offer solutions to fix them.
- Knowledge of various monetization mechanics/strategies.
- Ability to pitch game concepts clearly and effectively.
- Team player -- everyone contributes ideas and we are an ego-free group.
- Ability to acclimate quickly to a rapidly shifting, fast-paced creative environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, collaborate and excel in small team environment.
NICE TO HAVE
- Strong creative writing skills with the ability to create meaningful and compelling narratives.
- Non-design development experience, such as art, programming, etc.
- Familiarity with scripting languages or other technical skills related to game development.
- Experience using Excel to model systems, create curves and formulas, and tune games.
- Experience creating rule sets, such as skills, classes, etc.
- Experience managing live games -- where the game is continuously changed and improved.
- Knowledge of mobile technology -- its boundaries and unique potential as it applies to games.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.