Senior Game Designer
9 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision ( Plans Vary )*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently looking for a passionate Senior Game Designer with a background using quantitative and qualitative insights to join our Vineyard Valley team to design engaging features for mobile games targeted at a casual market. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the top creative and analytical talent in the industry to develop, launch, and improve mobile games for multi-billion-dollar IPs. If you aren’t afraid of innovation, then this role is for you.
- Transform your ideas into detailed and well thought out designs, clearly communicated with high-quality documentation, wireframes, flows, and spreadsheets.
- Own the implementation of in-game events and other game features from concept to completion.
- Make creative decisions that matter and have consequences. As a senior and experienced colleague, you will be trusted and empowered to make the right design decisions for the customer.
- Leverage live game data to propose engaging and creative gameplay features that will improve user experience, engagement, and monetization.
- Work across departments to synthesize key performance indicators, user testing, and internal feedback to create data models and recommend design solutions.
- Own the game economy to create sustainable player progressions and seamlessly incorporate complex new features.
- Work directly with engineers, artists and product managers throughout the lifecycle of owned features to ensure they are of the highest quality.
- Conduct competitive analyses to deconstruct game design trends, patterns, and consumer preferences.
- Be a team player - everyone contributes ideas and we are a collaborative, supportive, results-focused, ego-free group.
- 6+ years of experience in mobile free-to-play game design, including at least 2 years on a game in live-ops.
- Experience creating and owning features designed to appeal to a casual audience.
- Expert specs, wireframes, flows, and feature documentation for a live game.
- Expert systems design and game tuning for free-to-play games.
- Expert knowledge of virtual goods and game monetization concepts.
- Expert economic modeling and balance skills.
- Expert knowledge of the free-to-play market, and it’s past and current trends.
- Ability to work as part of a large, fast-paced team in sprints.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the design team.
NICE TO HAVE
- Passion for games in the free to play market.
- Understanding of current trends in the mobile puzzle games.
- Experience with both original and IP game development.
- Previous design experience on a top 50 grossing game.
- Familiarity with scripting languages or other technical skills related to game development.
- Experience with both original and IP game development.
- Experience mentoring other designers.
- Experience with Tableau, Unity, Adobe XD, ProtoPie, JIRA, and Google Docs/Sheet/Slides.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.