Content Game Designer
10 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
You will help drive the design for a free to play mobile puzzle game for iOS & Android platforms. You will be expected to design major features and mechanics, support level design, communicate requirements to the larger team, create and review design documentation, regularly play builds, and provide clear actionable feedback.
- Crafting and maintaining inventive, challenging and fun levels for a casual puzzle game.
- Proactively analyzing real-time feedback and metrics to adjust game balance and design.
- Collaborating within a cross-functional team to facilitate the implementation of new features and systems.
- Creating feature definitions to articulate and illustrate game mechanics, suggestions, etc.
- Remaining up-to-date on trends within the puzzle genre and casual game market.
- Are you at end of content or level 200+ on Genies & Gems, Sugar Smash: Book of Life, Cookie Jam or any of the top Match-3 games out there? If so we are looking for you!
- Share their knowledge of the Match-3 genre and provide insight on competitive products
- Must play and feel you understand the Match-3 game genre
- Must pass a Level Design test, reviewed by the Design Team
- Unity3D, AS3 a huge plus!
- Must have exhibited strong knowledge of game balancing and tuning
- Must have broad knowledge of, and passion for, the casual and classic puzzle game genres
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and efficient time management skills are required.
- Proven ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelor degree or relevant experience.... or you LOVE Match-3 games and consider yourself a MASTER!
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.