This job might no longer be available.
Lead Game Designer
San Francisco, CA
4 months ago
Sr Game Designer - New Title in Prototype Stage
About the Team
At our CrowdStar studio, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and CrowdStar’s goal is to build products which engage, empower and enrich lives.
With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for users (players) to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we’re also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. CrowdStar prides itself on building product that push the line between App and Game. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating entertainment but also providing real value outside of the game. This studio is now in the early of creating its next big hit.
About the Role
Our CrowdStar Studio is looking for a highly creative and multi-faceted Senior Product Designer to shape the next generation of mobile experiences for female players. You will be joining a small team in it’s early stages, giving you endless opportunities to made a big impact on the product. You will have the chance to work with a team of impressive senior leaders and have the opportunity to grow with a quickly expanding team. You will help craft everything from how the narrative is presented to the player, to the feature roadmap, to the in-game social experience, the core loop, the game progression, the economy design and much more.
You have a strong sense of free-to-play engagement loops balanced with fun gameplay elements, a solid understanding of progression, pacing and game economies. Most importantly though, you can think beyond the features to the player psychologies and motivations. Making games that push into new markets and themes requires innovation not the reuse of mechanics seen in other games. Focus on these skills will be a focus in the interview process and the ability to demonstrate confidence in this space is expected.
· Craft the core system and experience of an unreleased title
· Design and architect game economies
· Design game progression
· Ideate, iterate, design, and validate features with other product owners
· Design features targeting key metrics such as early retention and long term engagement
· Design features in-game to extend the game's influence past just the screen and into their daily lives, providing an even more enriching experience
· Work with the Creative Director on UI / UX to ensure the highest standards
· Work with the User Research team to validate features and idea with directly our audience
· Create and document features and systems for a free-to-play mobile game
· Think creatively and critically about all proposed changes to ensure product success
· Writing one-pagers and specifications for features, with attention to details and corner cases
· 5+ years in design for either social games or apps
· Core knowledge of mobile trends and design practices
· Experience designing product features in social platforms or in-game social features
· Strong empathy and knowledge of a female audience
· Ability to consolidate feedback on designs, as well as ability to prioritize changes effectively against product priorities
· Precision when documenting features and product decisions
· Strong collaboration skills, team-first mentality
· Understands and appreciates the balance of earning and keeping trust
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to influence is a must
· Solid balance between “the big picture” and day to day, and able to juggle competing priorities, escalating timeline and milestone risks to management as needed
· An understanding of usability principles and UI/UX experience is a plus