This job might no longer be available.
Senior Game Designer
Toronto ON ca
6 months ago
As a Senior Game Designer At Gameloft Toronto, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including LEGO Legacy: Heroes Unboxed, Disney Magic Kingdoms and Uno and Friends, which were created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Set the design direction for world class mobile games as a senior member of the design team
- Design game systems, meta-game, monetization features, quest flows, and more
- Champion your creative ideas from initial pitch to successful release
- Work closely with artists, programmers, and QA to turn your designs into reality
- Step up to lead others when necessary to design large-scale features
- Use playtests, player feedback, and metrics to refine your work based on hard data
- Pitch creative ideas for new features and upcoming game projects
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated passion for free-to-play mobile games
- 5+ years of experience as a mobile game designer, or equivalent background
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in game design, or equivalent background
- Expert knowledge of free-to-play game design fundamentals
- Outstanding ability to present ideas through verbal, written, and visual means
- Practical experience working on games from initial pitch through launch and beyond
- Advanced understanding of game metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ability to quickly adapt and hit deadlines in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Collaborative spirit and love of teamwork
As bonus we’ll also consider:
- Experience leading design teams to achieve ambitious goals
- Extensive working knowledge of an established game engine, such as Unity
- Demonstrated passion for game design shown through personal game projects
- Expert knowledge of spreadsheets tools, image editors, scripting tools, and flowchart software
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Toronto can offer you?
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Video game room equipped with your favourites
- Social Club events
- Fresh Fruit every morning
- Mentorship program and expert-led courses to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
As a leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.