Senior Game Designer
20 days ago
GSN Games, a Scopely company and a leading developer in mobile and social games, is seeking a Senior Game Designer to join our Mountain View Studio!
About The GSN Games Mountain View Studio:
The Mountain View Studio is a small, tight-knit and fun group of engineers, artists, designers and product people who pride ourselves on crafting very high quality experiences that appeal to a wide array of players. Our most successful game to date is Solitaire Tripeaks by GSN, the #1 revenue solitaire game on mobile that has grown into one of the top 50 grossing games on both iOS and Android.
What You’ll Do:
As part of the Game Design team you’ll be helping to guide a team of developers as we build innovative, meaningful, revenue-positive game features. Your job is to ensure our games are always fun to play!
- Actively advocate for, and lead the design on, current and future features
- Help manage and guide the team during the feature build process
- Have direct input into what we build and why
- Apply analytics and A-B testing to your designs as we work to improve new and live features
- Work to integrate your designs into a broader game vision - using new game, level and meta-game mechanics to deliver a cohesive experience
- Keep up on the latest industry-wide mechanics and trends in an effort to continually evolve and improve the studio’s level design expertise.
You have a passion for creating games, an understanding of the casual mobile market and the ability to know what makes a game fun for all types of players.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3+ years of game design experience (casual games a bonus!)
- At least one shipped mobile title
- A good understanding of game balancing, free to play mechanics, monetization and player motivations
- Clear communication skills. You work collaboratively with artists, engineers, and other designers to get the best designs possible – you can lead people
- Experience in documenting and communicating gameplay mechanics and features
- Ability to unify analytics and player feedback into great, iterative design solutions
- Worked in the Unity engine (or something similar)