Senior Game Designer
8 days ago
Senior Game Designer
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We are looking for developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to improve ourselves and our craft. You will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
- Determine feature sets of core gameplay content releases, within the project's creative constraints and under the direction of the design and creative directors
- Work with other project leads to determine and prioritize ongoing improvements to gameplay features, ensuring they meet the quality bar
- Ensure all design documentation is delivered on time, is detailed enough for accurate estimation and all impacted parties have been able to review and respond.
- Promote teamwide understanding and excitement for content releases
- Provide and solicit feedback from partners and team members in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project
- Work with Experience Design to incorporate feedback from research, playtest data, and community feedback to create an outstanding player experience
- Shipped at least one AAA game, or at least 2 years experience in live service design
- 2+ years of experience in a design role with lead responsibility
- FPS or live service experience
- Passion for playing and making games, with an understanding of what makes them fun
- Understanding of mass-market appeal, and the ability to innovate within it
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Enjoy creative problem-solving, and value respectful feedback processes
- Broad taste in games
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that appreciates creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.