Senior Game Designer
Sacramento California United States
9 days ago
“Who is EA Capital Games?”
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes , the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, obsessed with the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is friendly, fast-paced, results-focused, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
As a Senior Game Designer reporting to the Creative Director, you will set the bar for the quality creation of content and features, ensuring your work aligns with business and design goals with unwavering attention to theme, quality, and the needs of our players.
You have experience working on a live, mobile game, with preference being given to those with experience working on RPGs. You will demonstrate a solid understanding of games and player compulsion, and will be well-versed in games of all types and genres. You will be a die-hard Star Wars fan with a history of creating quality, thematic content and features. You are curious, creative, collaborative by nature, and have a preference for using telemetry to validate your design thinking. Additionally, you are an advocate of design culture and thinking who excels in a multidisciplinary environment.
Recently, we've also developed a strong work-from-home process and are sensitive to the safety and well-being of our team. This opens up new opportunities, at least in the short-term, for employees to work remotel y.
- Create and tune content to create an accessible yet deep experience for players.
- Create IP-correct characters and events.
- Work with developers to ensure your content and features are delivered to the highest quality.
- Develop ideas for content, gameplay, and progression systems throughout the player life-cycle.
- Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing.
- Partner with Production and Product Management to build creative solutions to solve our most challenging business needs and, overall, to delight our players.
- Quickly prototype design ideas in-game and iterate through playtesting.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure game design and player engagement targets are considered.
- Lead a team of one or more designers.
- Mentor other game designers.
- Have 4+ years of relevant game design experience.
- Are an active player of mobile turn-based RPGs.
- Designed and developed major game systems and content for at least one shipped mobile title.
- Creatively, analytically, and organizationally skilled with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, upbeat, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Scripting experience is a plus.
“What’s in it for me?”
Glad you asked! We love to brag about our great perks like free food, hosted happy hours, annual camping adventures, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, company matched retirement, and many others! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.