Senior Game Designer
13 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including MaddenNFL football, FIFA soccer, EA SPORTS UFC, NHL® hockey, and NBA LIVE basketball.
Senior Game Designer
I believe that working on EA Sports FIFA is both a great responsibility and opportunity. There are not many games that are truly global and have become part of the culture of something much wider than just games and gamers. FIFA is not only an incredibly fun and enjoyable experience, it's a way in which people talk and learn about football. It's a way in which fans connect with the sport, a common language for communication and debate, and a way of deepening their love of the game.
However, FIFA isn't just about the way that we represent the professional authentic game, although that's important. It's how we represent love of the sport in ways that capture the spirit and the emotion, not just the simulation. This requires us to think creatively about what it means to love the sport and game, and come up with new ways to feed our fans passion and live out their footballing fantasies. Career Mode allows you to take your team and achieve everything you want as a manager, Pro Clubs joins you with other individuals and allows you to experience the game as individual part of a wider collective. FIFA Ultimate Team takes a more fantasy and game related attitude towards building a team and competing with others. VOLTA allows you to express yourself as an individual in a version of football that's authentic to what YOU want to be and do, focused on the fun of playing with friends.
Our efforts to be the game that captures how fans love to interact with football means that we are constantly looking for new creative solutions that will delight our fans, and I think this is what makes it such a wonderful experience for designers. Football fans come from all parts of the world, and what they love about football and the game is incredibly diverse.
I've loved being a designer on FIFA, seeing us grow each year as a team and as a product. I genuinely feel that it's a wonderful place to be a designer, and I am excited to bring on new additions to help us continue to grow and delight our fans.
– Adam Shaikh. Group Design Director, FIFA
As a Senior Game Designer on FIFA, you will report to a Game Design Lead or Director and work within the design team to deliver features, tuning and balancing, and content creation, also helping guide and improve other designs and designers.
What you will do:
Work with design leadership to help form the vision for areas of the game, and ensure that designs follow the product vision.
- Design complex systems and tuning them for specific goals.
- Inspire and motivate the team to achieve high-quality within constraints.
- Create new ideas and take external ideas and goals and working towards those.
- Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
- Use qualitive and quantitative methods to validate and improve ideas.
Ideally you also have the following:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a Designer working in medium/large teams within the video game industry.
- Experience mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- Experience of console/ AAA game development.
- Experience working on designs from initial creation through to implementation.
- Understand business models, and how design and the business model work together.
- Understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design to hit specific goals.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
The first and most important is the opportunity to make a difference on a global game that is played by tens of millions of people every year. FIFA is one of the biggest games in the world and we believe that this is just the start.
We also know that it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games and we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We look forward to hearing from you.