Senior Game Designer
7 months ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN AN SENIOR GAME DESIGNER HAVE AT ESG
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working with Ricky and the Gang on Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money, or on any of our other current or upcoming titles, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here.
As a Senior Game Designer , you will join East Side Games as part of our IdleKit team to scale up our games and work on exciting upcoming titles with our partners. You’re a F2P balancing expert, who’s created engaging and fun titles for your MVPs, the players. You thrive off collaboration and are a fountain of knowledge when it comes to gameplay.
What is IdleKit?
IdleKit is Eastside Games core technology platform that enables our internal games and external partnership games. The IdleKit team operates as an independent business unit that productizes our platform and actively publishes new games under the Eastside Games brand.
WHAT YOU MIGHT DO IN YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Model and improve our partners in-game designs and events for evolving KPI, while shifting focus from conversion to retention and monetization for game needs.
- Be hands-on with the creation, iteration, and tuning of the game’s balance and economy.
- Live in our data, breathing in spreadsheets, and breathing out actionable insights for our portfolio of games.
- Work with our analytics team to improve balances, tests, processes and tools, and economy design practices.
- Collaborate with other designers on economy balancing and live ops event design.
- Design and own economy and systems tools to facilitate live game content creation and tuning.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG
- A minimum of 5+ years of mobile F2P design and balance experience.
- Proven expertise in economy design and at least one area of economics, math, systems engineering, or psychology.
- Proactive in problem-solving and driven by improving KPIs, both in-game and team performance.
- Creative solutions that are aligned with business goals.
- Clear communication to stakeholders, studio, and game teams.
- Strong opinions loosely held on Idle game design.
- A gamer, particularly mobile games, but we still love you if you’ve imagined your own board game, play console games, or enjoy other online experiences.
- A systems thinker.
- Hungry, humble, and smart, and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and diligent.
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally… And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits ! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.