Senior Game Designer (World of Tanks)
13 days ago
Wargaming is looking for a Senior Game Designer to work on World of Tanks, a hugely successful action MMO that has been on the scene for more than 10 years, with millions of active players.
Your main objective will be to take part in the development of the game, interact with the development team and the players, and create new gameplay and features.
Working as a game designer in World of Tanks provides tremendous opportunities for growth and experience in the development and operation of a AAA product.
By joining us, you will gain experience in product development with a multi-million audience that provides feedback on the results of your work.
What will you do?
- Create and implement design ideas, from pitching, to post-release support
- Lead large features as a key designer and coordinate the cross-disciplinary design team when needed
- Prepare design documentation and playable prototypes and present them to developers and management
- Interact with other designers and engineers
- Control the process of design implementation into the product
- Support features that are in the release stage by collecting statistics and assessing player reaction
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of experience as a game designer of products with successful releases
- Concise presentation and communication of ideas
- Understanding of player psychology (typology, working with player cohorts)
- Ability to analyze solutions and detect dependencies with existing game elements
- Knowledge of various monetization mechanics available on the market
- Developed communication skills
- Knowledge of English and/or Russian
What will help you stand out?
- Experience in working with large gaming communities
- Experience in operating MMO games
- Experience with game editors (Unity, UE, etc.)
- Ability to program/draw/create effects
- Knowledge of game interface design principles
- Ability to visualize your ideas, create mockups
- Participation as a speaker in conferences and educational programs
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.