This job might no longer be available.
Senior Game Designer [Unannounced Project]
3 months ago
The Game Design team at Massive is looking for a Game Designer focused on AI to create a wide range of enemies and non-hostile NPCs in an Action-Adventure game. Joining an experienced international team, our new colleague is going to work closely with our designers and multiple other disciplines as part of our unannounced project. In this position, you are going to have a major impact on the quality, design, and overall fun-factor of the game.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
You as a person
As a Game Designer, you are passionate about games, game development, and the craft of game design. You should be comfortable with taking initiative and finding creative solutions in pursuit of clearly defined goals. You should also be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you are expected to contribute with your expertise to achieve the highest quality possible. You should have very high standards in everything you do and a devotion to creating the best possible player experience.
- You will be responsible for designing the behavior of enemy archetypes as well as creatures and non-hostile characters in an Action-Adventure game.
- You will collaborate with other members of the design team to define and realize the combat core loop.
- Together with the rest of the experienced AI team, you will be jointly responsible for taking the NPCs from the design stage to release quality, throughout implementation.
- You will work, in engine, tweaking, scripting, and tuning your features, and help in defining what tools you need to do so.
- You will be part of maintaining and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with the Game Director, Lead Game Designer, and the rest of the Design team.
- Experience working with enemy AI/NPCs in a shooter or Action Adventure game
- 6+ years of industry experience, and ideally at least one major title shipped
- Absolute passion for playing and making games, especially RPG and Action Adventure games
- Knowledge of an iterative development process and rapid prototyping
- Knowledge of node based tools/engines and/or programming/scripting
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of our recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.