Senior Game Designer (PC/Console Title)
6 days ago
We strongly believe in cohesion and team spirit. Creating high quality video games involves strong collaboration with different types of talents. It is the coming together of skills – from producers, developers, game designers, artists, marketers, game monetization managers and more - that creates games people want to play. Here, we learn from each other and value talent more than focusing on hierarchy.
Gameloft is seeking a Game Designer with the expertise to make key contributions to a highly ambitious unannounced open world PC / console title.
- Designing and managing various game systems, game mechanics through the full cycle of production from concept to final stage in a multiplayer open world experience.
- Collaborating with Creative, Art, and Programming teams to align all the elements into a common high-quality vision for the game.
- Balancing and adjusting gameplay features to guarantee player’s satisfaction.
- Being able to identify and overcome both design and technical challenges met through the production cycle.
- Working in the Engine to prototype / improve various features.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the gaming industry in a similar position and at least one shipped title.
- Passion for triple-A open world PC / console games.
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation specific to any of the teams involved in the process.
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 Blueprint system. Knowledge of other Unreal Engine subsystems is a plus (animation graphs, materials, AI, UMG, etc).
- A basic understanding of how Unreal Engine replication works for multiplayer games is also a big plus.
- Fast prototyping skills and openness to numerous iterations.
- Excellent organizational skills and methodology.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you?
- Hybrid work: 2 days from the office/week of your choice & 2 months/year work from home.
- Day off for your birthday and company’s anniversary.
- Free psychological counseling.
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Lunch tickets.
- Bookster subscription.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style.
- A chance to work in a real multicultural environment.
- All the usual perks: free coffee, free fruits, relaxation area, free gym.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Join our SURVEY
As part of our recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying to Gameloft via this Survey. Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not. They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations .
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? Join The Game!
Why? Because joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audienceof 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partnerwith major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.