Senior Game Designer - Mobile
Irvine, CA, United States
14 days ago
We are looking for a talented and experienced senior designer to help develop the content, systems, and story that players will experience in our games. If you have a passion for mobile development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we want to hear from you!
We value creativity, collaboration, and a commitment to quality, and we are searching for like-minded developers to add to our talented team. Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success by developing epic experiences for our players.
The ideal senior designer will drive the creative design and technical implementation of a broad array of content and systems. You will have a passion for mobile gaming, proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and boundless creativity.
- Conceptualize, design, and implement, game content, systems, and story.
- Design systems, write specifications, and product own feature development.
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, iterative team environment.
- Work smartly and efficiently on a time-sensitive release schedule.
- Creation and ownership of core gameplay systems.
- Iterate and evolve designs based on player feedback.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality.”
- Minimum of 5 years of game design experience.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about RPGs.
- Absolute passion for playing and making games—specifically mobile games.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- Passion for emergent gameplay systems design.
- Experience working within Agile/Kanban development teams.
- Experience developing mobile games, online games, and/or role-playing games.
- Working knowledge of the Unity development platform.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, which should include:
- What games you are currently playing and excited about
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.