Senior Game Designer - Mobile
4 days ago
Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available for candidates across the UK, unless indicated otherwise.
Founded in 1992, Behaviour™ Interactive is a multi-faceted studio renowned for its creation and support of genre-defying video games. Behaviour has enjoyed immense success with its original horror-action multiplayer game, Dead by Daylight™, and holds developer credits on several of the gaming world’s most popular franchises. Behaviour has an unparalleled, award-winning culture that has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and saw the studio recognized as a Best Place To Work by GamesIndustry.biz
Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has more than 1,200 employees worldwide with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment) and the UK (Behaviour UK–North).
Based in Middlesbrough, Behaviour UK–North (formerly SockMonkey Studios) works on co- and full-development projects across all platforms for Behaviour’s roster of blue-chip clients, which includes Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many others. The studio was named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by GamesIndustry.biz
in 2022. For more information, visit www.bhvr.com
Behaviour Interactive is seeking a talented Sr. Game Designer to work on our next mobile game. You will work within the design team to conceptualize new features, create desirable content, and provide guidance to a team working on an upcoming mobile game based on a popular brand. You will coordinate with other disciplines in the team, clearly communicate your vision, and follow through with the implementation of your work while ensuring its quality.
Ideally, you have experience in console or mobile game development, a strong understanding of free-to-play design, and a passion for creating fun and exciting experiences for players.
In this role you will :
- Champion new ideas, provide design proposals, write documentation, and implement in-game systems
- Be responsible for different features that touch on multiple design disciplines, including controls, cameras, game systems, and balancing
- Deliver on in-game iterations and show demonstrable progress in new builds intended for playtesting
- Participate in team driven features that will require multi-disciplinary roles to support each other, including programmers, artists, etc.
- Bring your skills to assist in creative problem solving and fostering a positive creative environment in your scrum team
- Collaborate with project leadership to deliver on a core vision, unify features, and iterate based on feedback
- Work closely alongside other disciplines, such as Product, Tech, and Art, to deliver a high-quality game
What we're looking for :
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A mobile game designer who is versatile and has worked in small to medium teams
- A passion and understanding for the mobile sector
- Someone who can shift from controls to systems, with relative ease, as a strong generalist
- Someone who understands design fundamentals in more than one discipline and should be able to propose improvements to your game
- ·You should be able to own your features, or understand assigned features, and have sufficient production knowledge and soft skills to support other disciplines in your scrum team
- We are looking for a Unity specialist