Senior Game Designer (Mobile Games)
11 days ago
Do you want to take the lead in designing and creating mobile games played by millions around the world? Do you find challenges as an essential part of personal growth and development?Then we have the perfect job for you! ChimpWorks develops action-packed mobile games and is looking for a passionate Senior Game Designer.
You will be playing an important role in the design and creation of mobile games played by millions around the world. As a part of an autonomous team, you will be working in a creative, challenging, and collaborative environment. This role will provide freedom in your work style and will allow you to unleash your creativity. You investigate, stay up to date with and understand the audience in order to create designs for addictive, fun, and intuitive gameplay.
What You'll Be Doing
- Drive the game design through all phases, from idea, prototype, concept, presentation, implementation, tuning, and release.
- Collaborate proactively with your team and superiors in order to design, take responsibility for multiple mobile game projects, adjust and balance those concepts to feel epic.
- Provide the team with an experience-centric attitude to the game development and communicate empathy for players, needs, interests, and motivations.
- Create, balance, and tune game mechanics, game difficulty, and UI flow.
- Create levels and additional content using Unity, for new and existing games.
- Work on live operations to make sure the game is at optimal performance at all times.
- Brainstorm novel game ideas, join game design discussions, and join in concept feedback sessions.
- Work with QA, data analysis, and marketing to ensure and improve overall product quality.
- Drive long-term player engagement by understanding mobile players' needs and motivations.
- Be up to date with present mobile gaming trends and enjoy playing and making games.
- Play lots of games :)
- 5+ years of experience in the mobile games industry as a (senior/lead) Game Designer / Product Manager, or in a related role.
- Deep knowledge of top-grossing games, F2P mechanics, and the latest trends in the market
- Proven (mobile) game design experience.
- Creativity, lots of it!
- Solid experience with Unity.
- Knowledge of game industry-standard software tools, design processes, and documentation.
- Ability to define and understand technical parameters as they apply to design implementations.
- Able to deconstruct and analyze mobile game mechanics.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback on your work.
- Good team player with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, precise, quality-driven, straightforward, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Affinity with the mobile gaming industry.
- Flexible attitude, ability to adapt to quickly changing circumstances, and work priorities in a timely manner.
- Fluent written and spoken English language.
- Eligible to work in the EU.
- Worked on a released mobile game.
- Experience with live operations processes.
- Experience in economy design.
- A strong opinion that you’re willing to share.
- A good sense of humor!
What We Offer
- Diverse and challenging projects.
- The chance to bring, realize your own ideas, and feel pride in what you've created.
- A competitive salary, pension, bonus system, and direct hire.
- An extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence.
- Great opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge within the industry.
- Full-time position with opportunities for growth within the company.
- Free daily lunch and events.
- Covered transportation costs and 28 paid vacation days.
- A stocked kitchen of fruit, beer, and treats!
- AWESOME game-designed, office with a bar with pool table, table football, arcade machine, consoles, darts, and board games.
- An attractive office location in Eindhoven, easy for transportation and close to parks and a small shopping center.
- Friday entertainment evenings - every Friday you can hang out at the office bar with your colleagues and make use of the games collection with free drinks & snacks.
- And most important: passionate, creative, talented, and friendly colleagues who together with the Happiness Officer create an amazing work environment!
Founded in 2014 and based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, ChimpWorks is a game development company with popular titles for mobile platforms. With an ambitious young team of over 40 individuals from over 10 different countries, we are working in an autonomous team-based culture. We have realised more than 5 #1-ranked games and reached more than 300 million downloads.
We create exciting, fun, free-to-play mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. We continue to raise the bar through a data-driven, player-centric, and super-iterative approach.
Our mission is to provide novel and unique games to create outstanding player experiences and fill the customer's life with joy and excitement.
Seize this opportunity and become a part of the ChimpWorks family as a Senior Game Designer!
Don’t wait, send us your CV now and we will contact you as soon as possible!