Senior Game Designer | Halo Infinite Forge
9 days ago
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs has been co-developing on Halo Forge for a number of years, and have learned so much about what makes Forge great. We have a large team focused on Forge at Skybox and pour a lot of our passion & expertise into making it the best Forge experience yet. As the Forge team grows, we are looking for talented people like YOU to help build on this awesome game experience.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
Skybox Labs is looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our experienced co-dev team working on Halo Infinite Forge. As a senior game designer you will be responsible for designing, overseeing and implementing systems, interfaces, controls and other interactive elements of the Forge experience. The Senior Game Designer will partner closely with the Lead Designer at 343 Industries in a collaborative co-dev partnership ensuring the high level vision and goals for the product are met. Qualified candidates will demonstrate excellent leadership, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
A snapshot of your role:
- Partner directly with the Lead Designer in a co-dev environment
- Create, manage and deliver highly detail oriented design specifications
- Work closely with our Design, Engineering, Art, Production & QA teams to plan & deliver on monthly goals
- Shepherd designs from concept to implementation
- Respond to community feedback in a live service model
- Collaborate with internal and partner teams to deliver iconic experiences for players
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience working in game design
- Excellent design documentation skills
- Skilled in systems design - has designed, implemented, shipped one or more systems/features
- Experience in and passion for using Game or Level Editors (Forge, Modding Tools, Game Engines or equivalent)
- Excellent written, communication and problem solving skills
- AAA development full cycle experience
- Previous experience in either UX Design or Level Design
- Experience using game engines (Unreal, Unity, or equivalent)
- Experience using scripting languages (C#, LUA, UnityScript, or equivalent)
- Prior experience with design mentorship or people management
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Flexible Hybrid and Remote Work Models:
With the goal to provide the best possible work environment for all, the majority of our team is working in a flexible hybrid work model from Vancouver and Victoria. The opportunity to work permanently remotely across Canada is also available for certain designated roles.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Only candidates that reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.