Senior Game Designer (Console)
19 days ago
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer (Console) who is a highly passionate designer and skilled champion of controller input.
You will be working on our AAA project WARDOGS with a large-scale team. In this role on the design team, your focus will be championing and overseeing the implementation of the console & controller experience. Helping design, implement and balance core game systems and features, building the best possible experience for console and controller players. You should have a passion for console gaming and designing for those platforms.
You will be challenged to design creative systems, taking them from early concepts, through to fully realised features. Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical in this role.
You will be working closely with leads and directors to deliver their vision while collaborating with the design team to gather feedback, additionally mentoring junior members of the team, developing their skills and experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical in this role.
This is an in-studio role, and this is non-negotiable; however, we can offer bespoke relocation packages.
Currently, we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship. If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you!
- Take ownership, champion and design game features in relation to the console version including aim assist and tuning, button economy, console UX etc, ensuring the quality of implementation is high.
- Implement and maintain best practices for cross play support, settings and communication.
- Pro-actively work alongside other developers and designers to share and gather essential information and be consistent within your work.
- Communicate and present designs clearly to your team and management across all disciplines.
- Participate in and guide documentation and implementation.
- Mentor junior team members of the team.
- Keep up to date with new trends and styles in the Shooter industry.
- Work with the player in mind, make designs that center around the player experience.
// REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient in UE4/UE5 (or equivalent current gen game engines).
- Understanding the technical constraints of the engine and project and the needs of the design team.
- Passion for console games, past and present, and a good understanding the systems that drive them.
- A demonstratable understanding of market trends and community and an understanding of console player expectations.
- The ability to work independently as well as working alongside other designers.
- Excellent Collaborator with strong critical thinking, able to analyse and action feedback efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience documenting technical designs.
- Experience working on AAA game/s through the full development cycle (from concept to ship) as an embedded member of a studio development team strongly preferred.
// DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in AAA console game design roles.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in creating multiplayer first or third person shooters.
- Experience shipping games across multiple platforms.
- Passion for console games and their approachability for the end user.