Senior Game Designer - Apex Legends Mobile
Los Angeles California United States
18 days ago
Senior Game Designer- Apex Legends Mobile
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
- Reporting to our Head of Apex Legends Mobile, you'll lead the design vision for the title, managing game features, shooting systems and social systems.
- Contribute to the overarching meta and elder game direction.
- Breakdown trending mobile games with the ability to identify key drivers, articulate your point of view and iterate on those features to drive our product forward.
- Conceptualize and communicate new and engaging gameplay experiences and use your technical ability to bring your vision to life.
- Establish player experience goals for designs, implement and tune features to meet those goals.
- Provide feedback to other designers.
- Improve designs based on play test feedback, game metrics, team input and community feedback.
- Think creatively using the tools and time available to build unique and fun experiences for players.
- Adopt and become proficient in new or proprietary development tools to implement and debug your work.
- Think about the future when implementing content, resulting in smartly scripted scalable systems and good design patterns and practices.
- Collaborate with all team disciplines, including artists, animators, modelers, engineers, quality assurance, and producers to get support from the team and guide a project from initial design to final production.
- Advocate for the design vision and get the team excited to work on it.
- Balance your design vision with input from your peers to find practical solutions that achieve the intended player experience.
- Become an expert on the game and our community, drawing from our large, varied player base and our past games to make and defend intelligent design choices going forward.
- Help establish best practices for the team and improve process and efficiency.
- 5+ years of game design experience on a mobile game development team.
- Experience with 1 st and 3 rd person shooters, BR games and free-to-play games
- Experience working with 3 rd party developers.
- Excellent creative skills with experience creating detailed design documentation and maintaining it throughout a project life cycle.
- Design and implementation experience with game features that focus on open-ended player creativity.
- Effective at working both autonomously and in groups of different profiles.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for gaming: playing, deconstructing and creating.
- Experience with shooter/battle royal mobile games
- Good to have... Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. and experience with Visio, JIRA, online collaboration suites such as Confluence