(Senior) Game Data Scientist (f/m/d)
12 days ago
We are Kolibri Games - mobile games developer from Berlin. Our two games have over 100 million downloads and are on a mission to become the most player-centric games studio out there.
We believe in players, creating values, learning, but, most of all, we believe in people. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Help us bring joy to people, we promise you will have fun by doing so :)
(Senior) Game Data Scientist (f/m/d)
Have you ever wondered - what makes a player stop playing? What factors best predict a loyal customer? How does a player’s habits change over time?
As a Game Data Scientist at Kolibri Games, you will form the cornerstone and foundation to the efforts allowing our teams to answer these questions.
You will apply statistical modelling, machine learning and other quantitative techniques to help us take the next step in becoming the world's most player-centric company out there. By building a deep understanding of our products and our customers, you will work with Product Directors, Game Designers, and Marketing Managers to make value driven decisions and take our titles to the next level.
- Work closely with the Data Team, to help define and drive data usage, availability, and strategy throughout the company.
- Perform hands-on research and analysis on our player behavior, and how it relates to the product’s performance.
- Define, Communicate, and Recommend changes to the product based on Statistical Testing
- Predict and Simulate the results of future changes to the product and their estimated impact and risks.
· Required skills
- A strong sense of value-driven curiosity with regards to player behavior.
- Experience with Product Data Science, including but not limited to Churn Prediction, LTV Prediction, and A/B Testing
- Very strong SQL skills, and a solid foundation in Python, R, or equivalent.
- A proven track record of transforming data into actionable insight.
· Desirable skills
- Experience with an Enterprise Visualization tool, such as Tableau or Looker.
- Experience in Games, including but not limited to mobile games on iOS and Android.
- An applied understanding of Player Psychology and/or Economics.
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Flexible working hours and Home office – We believe in a good work-life balance
- Equipment - State-of-the-art technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays - Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team. Last summer we went to Greece!
- Friday Celebrations - Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 25 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!