Senior Game Artist
15 days ago
Our Austin game studio is looking for a Mid to Sr. Level Artists with out of this world talent and a healthy dose of environment, character development and experience in the casual mobile space. This position is initially offered on a 6-12 month contract basis, with the possibility of conversion to a full-time position based on performance and business needs.
SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, and Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely and collaborate with the artists and extended game team to create appealing enviroments, characters, FX animations and marketing materials.
- Iterate from ideation phases to final polished assets including concepts, mockups, storyboards for animations and vfx.
- Maintain asset libraries and best practices.
- Mentor others and give constructive feedback
- Looking for exceptional illustration skills with a strong sense of design with enviroments and characters.
- UNITY engine experience a huge plus.
- 2D isometric building and environment art development experience a huge plus.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Art, Graphic Design, or Game Development, or equivalent experience.
Strong portfolio required
· 2+ years of experience producing high quality graphics on mobile apps or web
· 1 Shipped mobile apps or game products preferably in the mobile space
· Fundamental art skills and strong aesthetic sense and color theory
· Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Unity)
Bonus Points (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities).
· Animated Feature film styled concept art and strong storytelling.
· 3D software: Zbrush, Maya, is a plus but not required.
· Knowledge of asset version control tools such as SVN, GIT, Perforce or JIRA
· Experience in social game production
All applicants MUST provide the following in the event of an interview:
· Portfolio (website or blog required for pre-interview)
· Characters with personality and environments
You may be required to take an ART test
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: our founders fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the New York Stock Exchange.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company.
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.