Senior Game Artist (Casual Games)
6 days ago
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020 and Best Workplace 2021. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 360 employees around the world, we would love you to apply to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects. Our goal is to foster excellence, both individual and communal, which to us means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously and delivering with the best execution.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
- Develop and maintain the overall visual style of the game.
- Create, integrate and animate 2D or 3D characters, environments, VFX, and other art assets.
- Create, integrate and animate simple, modern, usable and useful UI.
- Closely collaborate with your teammates: contribute beyond your scope to the overall design, development, and marketing of the game.
What do we expect?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant position.
- Strong affinities for casual sleek and modern art-styles.
- Great fundamental art skills and knowledge of graphic design principles.
- Understanding of User Interface principles for mobile games.
- Mastery of Unity game art, animation, and UI integration pipeline with mobile layout and performance/optimization constraints in mind.
- Proficiency with 2D tools such as Photoshop and the Creative Suite.
- Experience with one relevant 3D software (Max, Maya, Blender).
- Bonus: experience in the more technical side of game art (e.g. shaders, Houdini, ...)
- Understanding of the free-to-play gaming market and KPIs, with a data-driven approach when it comes to decision-making.
- Deep collaboration mindset, including excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a positive mindset towards receiving, acting on, and giving feedback.
- Accountability, independance, and responsibility when given ownership over your work.
- An eagerness to learn new ways to perform your tasks in a more efficient way, and to improve yourself days after days.
What is your team about?
Voodoo is creating a small experimentation team with a big mission: Find the next best way to entertain the world by taking our best hits to a new level. You will be one of the first members in a team of six and you will participate in every aspect of development, from ideation to testing the games in the market.
What do we offer for this role?
Competitive compensation package ⧫ Free shares ⧫ Remote days ⧫ Lunch card ⧫ Wellness activities ⧫ Hackathon ⧫ Seminars ⧫ Global Summit
We are offering all members of staff a flexible vacation policy, allowing them to take as many paid days off as they wish as long as the work is done and objectives are achieved.
What is our recruitment process?
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager and team members focusing on job fit. We will focus on your soft skills through values fit interviews that will determine if your values are compatible with ours. Lastly, a test / case study will feature at some point in your process.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!