Senior Game Animator (2D/3D) (Remote)
8 days ago
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a talented Senior Game Animator (2D/3D) to join our close-knit and collaborative team of artists. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with an expert level art team bringing cutting edge visuals to our pipeline of new games.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for working directly with our Art and Game Engineering team to implement eye-catching 2D animations for our mobile games! Responsibilities for this role will range from animating characters, props, and in-game items to creating VFX using both 2D assets and particle systems. You'd be an ideal candidate for this role if you have mastered the skill of creating well timed animations that provide a sense of whimsy and fun to our games!
**Please note: As part of our interview process, qualified candidates will be expected to complete an art test.
- Focus on creating various 2D timeline animations involving characters and props
- Focus on creating 2D timeline animations for in-game objects and VFX
- Use procedural animations and particle systems within Unity
- Collaborate with game programmers and designers to implement animations in our game engine
- Take ownership. Think like a player and influence the direction of our games
- Produce and execute final quality results based on your own concepts and those of your colleagues
- Involvement in other stages of game art creation including concept art needed for 2D animations
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in animation for mobile games
- Proficiency in Unity or similar game engine
- Strong proficiency in Creative Cloud Suite (PS, AI) and Version Control Systems
- A solid understanding of the abilities and limitations of the game engine
- Solid grasp of animation principles and a great sense of timing (in-game, effects, characters, etc.)
- Ability to create still and animated assets for mobile games, following our existing brand designs, and implement them in Unity
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, teamwork-oriented colleague
- Experience in working together with programmers on finding design and implementation solutions
- Great sense of quality and acute attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to take and deliver constructive feedback
- Passionate about mobile games and technology
- Strong English communication skills
- Must include a portfolio of work demonstrating your breadth of skill and project contributions
- 3D animation experience.
- Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization.
- Understanding of current mobile games market and art trends.
- Experience creating and working with FX shaders
- Competitive compensation
- Work remotely with flexible hours
- Collaborate with an exceptionally talented, knowledgeable, and supportive team!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.