Senior Game Analyst
4 months ago
As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Hothead is currently on the hunt for a Senior Game Analyst to join our Analytics team.
As a Senior Game Analyst, your responsibility is to find actionable insights from data to help guide the development of free-to-play mobile games. By performing quantitative analysis of player behavior, you will identify problems and propose solutions to improve key performance indicators of the game such as retention, conversion, and monetization. This includes working with the game teams to identify changes that drive user engagement.
As an ideal candidate for this position, your skillset is broader than analyzing how users are behaving in our existing games. You are also able to make informed predictions of how users will behave during a game’s early stages of development and provide proactive recommendations to help shape the game’s underlying economy. You should be able to deconstruct a game’s core loop, systems, and player motivations.
During all phases of a project, you will actively monitor performance and make recommendations to improve the success of the game. You will be involved during both the production and live operations phases of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzing player behaviour to support the improvement of the game’s key performance indicators such as retention, conversion, time played and lifetime value
- Playing, deconstructing, and understanding our games and then formulating your own questions, developing hypotheses, finding answers through data, then presenting your results
- Working closely with the game teams to effectively communicate the findings and propose in-game improvements
- Contributing to the leadership of the analytics team by mentoring junior members of the team, identifying and prioritizing new analysis and reinforcing the culture of the team
- Creating dashboards at multiple levels of detail to meet the needs of different stakeholders
- Tracking and monitoring KPIs and investigating the underlying causes of any changes
- Tracking and monitoring key economy-related metrics such as sinks, sources, currency value, and inflation
- Working with game teams to review in-game economies, systems, and features to lay the foundation for healthy KPIs and overall product success
- Developing and maintaining tools and dashboards for the User Acquisition team to track ROAS and measure the performance of campaigns
- Degree in a quantitative field, social sciences, game design or business management
- Minimum 4 years experience as a data analyst and preferably with free-to-play mobile games.
- Must enjoy playing video games with familiarity in the mobile space
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in creating visualizations and dashboards with Tableau, Qlik, Looker or a similar platform (Tableau experience preferred)
- Proficiency in R and Python is preferred
- Basic understanding of statistics and/or econometrics
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic the successful candidate will have the option to work from home. Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site chiropractor/registered massage therapist/physiotherapist, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an amazing new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.