Senior Game Analyst, The Sims™
4 days ago
About the Role:
At Maxis, creator of The Sims™, we value outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best life simulation games in the world. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers—it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks, collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can affect millions of players every day.
As a Game Analyst on The Sims 4, you'll be handed the keys to massive volumes of player behavioral data and responsible for unearthing insights that inform the development of our games. You'll report to the Director of Analytics.
You will work with team leaders from our Product Management, Design, Engineering, Production, User Experience and Data Products team, supporting the Sims 4 live service throughout its entire life-cycle. From pre-launch insight delivery and modelling to post-launch measurement and recommendation, you will have a significant influence on the game.
You'll be working with a large but tight-knit studio of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You'll also join a group of experienced data scientists, analysts, and data engineers as a member of the embedded-and-dedicated Studios Data and Insights (SDI) team.
The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, attracting a large, young, female-skewing audience. If you're excited about creating the best possible experience for these players, come join us!
- Live Service Analyst: Query large behavioral datasets to evaluate game performance. Measure the impact/success of live service events, free content updates, and DLC launches. Establish benchmarks, and provide both projections and actionable recommendations from planning through launch.
- Behavioral Change Agent: Influence product strategy and business decisions through fact-based, data-driven insights and analysis;
- Data expert: Serve as a go-to expert for quantitative methodology; provide assistance to less data proficient members of the studio; make data-driven recommendations
- Predictive Modeling : Leverage demonstrated experience building, validating and deploying predictive models and algorithms to personalize the player experience.
- Education and Training: Be a contributor in our team's data democratization and education effort. Teach, coach, and encourage hypothesis-driven thinking.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 4+ years of experience working as a data analyst in a professional setting;
- Deep statistical knowledge including an understanding of probability, correlation, regression, classification, and A/B testing.
- Advanced/expert proficiency querying large datasets with SQL;
- Hands on experience using Python and/or R for data analysis;
- Ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders;
- Plusses: Experience with: Looker, machine learning/AI methods